-DSMLFLT still supported?

Hi!

I recently tried to compile with -DSMLFLT. I guess there are not many out there using this any more. Still I wonder if this mode is still "supported". I had expected errors with oconv when assembling large scenes, but I got segfaults, and that seams to indicate that error checking is not clean for DSMLFLT.

The reason for my attempt to use the good old single float was to try the effect when used together with modern processor's float capabilities.

CU Lars.

Hi Lars,

I can give this a try, but debugging is a real pain these days without the help of an IDE. If you can get a backtrace with symbols showing where the program crashed from your core dump, I might be able to find the error by inspection. Basically, no one has used the SMLFLT flag for ages, and the code hasn't been tested with it for at least 10 years. The cracks that appear in geometric objects are enough to scare anyone off this option in practice.

-Greg

ยทยทยท

Date: March 11, 2006 1:25:24 PM PST

Hi!

I recently tried to compile with -DSMLFLT. I guess there are not many out there using this any more. Still I wonder if this mode is still "supported". I had expected errors with oconv when assembling large scenes, but I got segfaults, and that seams to indicate that error checking is not clean for DSMLFLT.

The reason for my attempt to use the good old single float was to try the effect when used together with modern processor's float capabilities.

CU Lars.