Display resolution

Hi all,

I wish there was some way to manually set the size of rview and rholo windows. I believe both of these programs scales to fill the monitor, wich is just fine on my 768 pixel high Powerbook. However, my dual-monitor G4/500 desktop is not very responsive when rholo launches a 2500 pixel wide window across both monitors. Similarly, 1200 pixel rview windows takes some time to render, and feels "less interactive" on the large-screen desktop.

Or is it just me who have overlooked something obvious?

Regards,
ReidarR,

Reidar Andreas Richardsen wrote:

Hi all,

I wish there was some way to manually set the size of rview and rholo windows... my
dual-monitor G4/500 desktop is not very responsive when rholo launches a 2500 pixel wide window across both monitors.

Well gee, excess screen real estate is a nice problem to have! =8-)

Seriously tho, I too would like to hear if there's a way to specify the rview/rholo windows. On my Mac, the window is difficult to resize sometimes because the dock icons get in the way.

Speaking of rholo, I haven't been able to run rholo on my RHL8 box on OpenGL. I get a "cannot start display process" error when -ogl is used. Tried -glx too. Assuming OpenGL was not installed, I downloaded and installed Mesa 5.0.1, and the sample images appear fine, but still no joy in rholo-ville. rholo runs fine with -x11, but I'd like to see it fly on OpenGL like it does on my Mac. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

···

----

Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org

I wish there was some way to manually set the size of rview and rholo windows. I believe both of these programs scales to fill the monitor, wich is just fine on my 768 pixel high Powerbook. However, my dual-monitor G4/500 desktop is not very responsive when rholo launches a 2500 pixel wide window across both monitors. Similarly, 1200 pixel rview windows takes some time to render, and feels "less interactive" on the large-screen desktop.

Or is it just me who have overlooked something obvious?

If you are using Apple's beta X11 server, you will also have access to the Quartz window manager, which you can call from your ~/.xinitrc file with:

quartz-wm &

This provides a handy "zoom" button, which pressing once causes the associated window to take up all of one (not both) screens. Then, you can grab and drag the lower right corner of the window to make it any size you like. This works for both rview and rholo.

-Greg