Desktop Radiance installation

Dear All,

I am a new user of Radiance. For getting a daylighting output, I usually prepare a model in Ecotect and export it to radiance, which gives me the randered image. I realized that ,If I could install Desktop Radiance from the website than total process could be shorter and could give me more realistic simulation output. For installing Desktop Radiance, I require AutoCAD R14 or 2002 version. I have the latar version of AutoCAD , but dont have earlier version. Can anyone give me a clue for getting that AutoCAD R14 or how can I install Desktop Radiance .

Thanks for your help.

Mah

Dear Mahbub,

first of all, it is a bit rude to copy an email that is supposed to be distributed by a mailing list to all the subscribers of the list as a private email. It is easy to figure out that this means that any of these subscribers get your email twice, which does not add on to the information in it but to some demotivation to reply.

radiance, which gives me the randered image. I realized that ,If I could install Desktop Radiance from the website than total process could be shorter and could give me more realistic simulation output.

Still, to give you a start, as far as I know Desktop Radiance is an old software that has not been maintained for a while. On this list, you will most probably not find anyone using it. So I would strongly recommend against using Desktop Radiance. If you decide still to do so, and if you are aware of the limitations and probably bugs in that old code, please mind that this is not a list supporting Desktop Radiance. Basically it means that you are on your own then. If you want to use Radiance, get the latest version (which is 4.0, but 3.9 is coming with lots of distributions and fine to use), read the documentation and ask when there are open questions.

Regards

Lars O. Grobe.