daylight coefficients representation.

Hi All,

I am student at Arizona State University , currently i am doing my thesis,
and i am using daysim to generate daylight coefficients. i want to
represent the 145 diffuse daylight coefficients and the 65 direct daylight
coefficients visually on to a hemisphere and represent then with color
index. could any one suggest any method or program that gives such out put.
or is there any Matlab script that i can find which dose this.

also if i have to do the above using Matlab. my question is what is the
radius or the sky dome and what is the criteria for diving the dome in to
145 segments.

thank you,

···

--
Aditya Potipireddi
MS Building Design ( Energy & Climate)
Arizona State University
tel. 480.544.4936

Hello Aditya,

How do you wish to visualize this information? Since I presume you don't have a 3-D display in mind, this leaves you with the problem of projecting a hemisphere onto a flat image, which is bound to introduce distortions. I am attaching two Radiance .cal files, one that goes from a vector direction to a Tregenza sky patch number as used by Daysim, and the other which performs the reverse translation. It shouldn't be too difficult to convert these files into something Matlab understands.

Best,
-Greg

(Beware line-wrapping -- you may need to paste these links manually.)

http://www.radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/checkout/ray/src/cal/cal/tregenza.cal?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

http://www.radiance-online.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/checkout/ray/src/cal/cal/tregsrc.cal?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

···

Date: February 6, 2008 4:33:04 PM PST

Hi All,

I am student at Arizona State University , currently i am doing my thesis, and i am using daysim to generate daylight coefficients. i want to represent the 145 diffuse daylight coefficients and the 65 direct daylight coefficients visually on to a hemisphere and represent then with color index. could any one suggest any method or program that gives such out put. or is there any Matlab script that i can find which dose this.

also if i have to do the above using Matlab. my question is what is the radius or the sky dome and what is the criteria for diving the dome in to 145 segments.

thank you,

--
Aditya Potipireddi
MS Building Design ( Energy & Climate)
Arizona State University
tel. 480.544.4936