2022 Radiance Workshop in Toronto - Registration Open / Call for Speakers

Hi everyone,

We’ve opened up the registration site for the 2022 Radiance Workshop (3-5 August). The registration page will be linked directly from the workshop website soon. All costs are in Canadian dollars (multiply by ~0.77 for USD, ~0.74 for Euro).

Important links:

Also a reminder: To speak at the workshop, please submit a short abstract via e-mail!

Prices are listed below.

Name Cost (CAD)
Workshop and Tutorial (3, 4, and 5 August) 450
Workshop Days Only (4 and 5 August) 350
Tutorial Day Only (3 August) 175
Student Registration: Workshop and Tutorial (3, 4, and 5 August) 225
Student Registration: Workshop Days Only (4 and 5 August) 175
Student Registration: Tutorial Day Only (3 August) 87.5
Speaker Registration (3, 4, and 5 August) 260

Thank you!
Alstan

2 Likes

We are reserving some time at the end of the workshop to discuss the future of Radiance. Topics will include:

• Alternative funding sources (e.g., Blender sponsorship model)
  • Redesign of main rendering engine for spectral calculations, polarization, etc.
  • Re-architecting system for better modularity and maintainability
  • Recruiting a core development team

This will be just the start of a discussion, but we would like to have the key players present. So, if you have a vested interest in the future of Radiance development, please arrange to attend the workshop this year if possible.

Cheers,
-Greg

5 Likes

We’ll do our best to arrange this discussion to be accessible to all via Zoom. I’ll post the link closer to the workshop!

Alstan

2 Likes

I can no longer edit the main post, but we have added a $150 online attendance option for the workshop days (4-5 August) due to popular demand. Our IT department is helping me setup a Zoom webinar, and the workshop room is wired for simulcasting.

Cheers,
Alstan

2 Likes